Protection against financial losses in the event of a fall, theft or malicious damage.Compare offers
Insurance for your bicycle
A new bicycle can be very expensive in some cases. It is therefore all the more annoying when your new mountain bike gets stolen. With bicycle insurance, you will be on the safe side. Affordable insurance with a low deductible provides your racing bicycle, mountain bike or street bicycle with the necessary cover.
Comparison of the best offers
100.55/ year *
Bicycle comprehensive insurance
Mobiliar provides bicycle insurance for CHF 100.55 (incl. 5% stamp tax). Deductible of CHF 200.
- Bicycle roadside assistance
- Bicycle legal legal expenses insurance
- Various types of damage
79.00/ year *
Zurich provides good bicycle insurance starting from CHF 79. Deductible of 10% or at least CHF 200.
The bicycle is insured in the event of:
- Theft and robbery
- Damages due to an accident
- Breakdown/roadside assistance for an additional CHF 15.00/year
AXA Bicycle Insurance
AXA Bicycle Insurance offers worldwide coverage in case of:
- From CHF 200
- From CHF 2000
Additional sports equipment such as snowboards, skis, tennis rackets & golf clubs are also insured.
* Insured value: CHF 2,000.00, Term: 1 year. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.
Good to know
- Bicycle insurance offers protection against theft, vandalism and loss.
- The contract term is normally limited, and termination is not required.
- In the event of a claim, you will immediately be offered assistance by phone.
You decide which risks you would like to insure your bicycle against. Bicycle insurance essentially offers the following modules:
- Damage and destruction
- Loss (cover not available form all insurers)
Bicycle insurance reimburses the repair costs in the event of a claim or pays the insured original price. In addition, all costs for delivery or pickup are paid.
The scope of benefits is always dependent on the chosen insurance cover.
Bicycle liability insurance
The bicycle owner’s statutory liability is insured. Furthermore, bicycle insurance is additionally considered an addition to liability insurance. Claims by third parties and recourse claims are not covered. If you run over a pedestrian with your bike or unintentionally damage a vehicle, your personal liability insurance will cover the damage. You can always find further information in the terms of contract of the chosen insurance company.
- Damages suffered as a result of use, wear and tear and external effects (e.g. fire, water) are not covered.
- Warranty claims
Bicycle insurance provides worldwide protection.
The deductible often amounts to just CHF 50.