Why take out cat insurance?
Cat insurance is designed to reimburse you for the high costs of veterinary treatments in the event of an emergency. Even though health and accident insurance for cats isn’t expensive in Switzerland, just 4% of owners have taken out insurance.
Switzerland’s best products
20.50/ month *
- 90% of the costs are covered worldwide
- Sickness and accident coverage
- Coverage for complementary medicine
- Inclusive prevention package (vaccinations, deworming, etc.)
- Emergency transport with the animal ambulance
- Accommodation in hospital for the cat
- 90% of the costs worldwide
- Unlimited (after deductible)
- CHF 250
- 1 month in case of illness
- No waiting period in case of accident
- No age limit for admission
21.50/ month *
- Free choice of veterinarian in your region
- Veterinarian can be freely chosen
- In-patient treatments with food and board are covered
- Emergency transports and rescue are covered
- Additional benefits: physiotherapy, acupuncture, osteopathy
- 24-hour emergency service at no extra charge
- 90% up to CHF 5,000
- CHF 300 in the case of cover of CHF 5,000
- 1 month in the event of illness, 10 days in the event of accident
* We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.
Comparison of cat insurance
It pays to make a close comparison of various cat insurance products. The insured benefits, the monthly premium and the term are just a few of the points that should be looked at. In addition, the deductible and the sum insured can be freely chosen so as to avoid having to pay unnecessarily high premiums.
Good to know
- Cat insurance covers treatment costs in the event of illness or accident.
- Good insurance cover can be obtained for less than CHF 20 per month.
- In addition, alternative medicine and complementary services can be insured.
Cat insurance protects against high costs
Despite taking the best possible care of them, cats can also fall ill without warning, making a visit to the veterinarian necessary. Small infections can rapidly cost CHF 1,000 or more. Surgical procedures and broken bones cost upwards of several thousand francs.
Without cat insurance, veterinarian bills have to be paid out of one’s own pocket.
You have the option to insure your cat against illness and accident. The following benefits are covered by insurance products:
- Veterinary treatments
- Surgical procedures and operations
- Stays in an animal hospital (with food)
- Emergency transports by animal ambulance
Insurance is worthwhile, especially for young kittens.
Tip: Insure only the essential things for your cat and keep the deductible at about CHF 200.
The enrolment terms are set by the insurer. Normally, the cat must be at least at least three months and not more than seven years old. There are also providers that have no age restrictions.
- Congenital diseases
- Cosmetic procedures
- Accidents and illnesses that occurred or existed prior to taking out the insurance
- Psychological treatments