Temporary health insurance for foreign guests and tourists in Switzerland.Compare offers
Guest insurance in Switzerland
To ensure that visitors, guests and tourists in Switzerland are insured against accidents and illness, guest insurance can be taken out. As foreign health insurance companies do not usually cover hospital stays and medical expenses in Switzerland, it makes sense to take out insurance cover for a limited period of time.
Comparison of offers
171.00/ for 32 days *
ERV guest insurance
ERV’s guest insurance protects foreign visitors in Switzerland and the Schengen area against illness and accident up to the chosen level of cover.
- Cover of CHF 10,000, CHF 20,000 or CHF 50,000.
- This guest insurance meets the requirements for a Schengen visa.
- Emergency transport is covered.
The maximum policy period for ERV guest insurance is 6 months.
Allianz Travel Schweiz
238.00/ for 31 days **
Medical expenses for individual guests
Allianz Travel Switzerland offers insurance for guests in Switzerland in partnership with Elvia Insurance.
- Cover: CHF 10,000, CHF 20,000 or CHF 50,000
- Payment of medical expenses up to the selected level of cover
- Recovery costs covered up to 10% of the selected level of cover
- Unlimited assistance included
- Valid for Schengen visa
* Calculation basis: insurance for 32 days, cover CHF 10'000
** Calculation basis: duration of cover 31 days, cover CHF 50'000
Good to know
- The maximum insurance period for guest insurance is 6 months.
- The maximum age for policyholders is 80.
- The excess is CHF 200 (for persons aged 60 and over, the excess may be higher).
- Guest insurance is a necessary requirement for a visa in the Schengen area.
- Costs are not covered in the following cases: childbirth, mental illness, treatment of dental and jaw complaints, and illnesses and/or health problems which were already present before the insurance was taken out.
Benefits and advantages
In the event of illness and accident, costs for doctors and hospital stays (general ward), medication and emergency transport are covered up to the amount of the agreed sum insured. The sum insured of CHF 10,000, CHF 20,000 or CHF 50,000 can be selected as desired when taking out the insurance. The term of the guest insurance is a maximum of 6 months. Cancellation is automatic after expiry of the agreed term.
Requirement for Schengen visa
Guest insurance with an insured sum of at least CHF 50,000 is required in order to apply for a visa for Switzerland and the Schengen states. Persons who are exempt from the visa requirement have the option to choose the amount of the sum insured as they wish.
If the application for the Schengen visa is rejected by the authorities, the premiums already paid will be refunded by the insurance company.